Mr Evergreen is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment as far as reasonably practicable.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its machinery and the source of its power requirement.
• Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
In conducting its business Mr Evergreen will:
1) Meet or exceed relevant legal requirements.
2) Provide full cooperation to statutory bodies engaged in environmental protection.
3) Consider all environmental concerns in any changes to production processes or site operations.
4) Process Materials
Sourced only from suppliers who harvest peat only from areas of low current conservation value, as defined in the 1994 DoE Working Group Report on Peat Extraction and the 1995 Mineral Planning Guidelines (MPG 13).
Sourced only from suppliers who Harvest Peat in accordance with the Peat Producers Code of Practice.
Sourced from suppliers committed to the regeneration of worked out peat bogs.
Will be selected for suitability for inclusion in our Integrated Pest Management System and in all instances will be the least persistent suitable product.
Production systems will be designed and developed to most effectively supply plant nutrients and reduce leaching to a minimum.
Plastic products used in the production process, including any packaging, will be selected for their suitability for re-use and eventual re-cycling, products produced from re-cycled materials will be preferred. Production processes will be designed and developed with reduced plastic waste generation as a principal criteria.
5) Conserve energy and resources as far as reasonably practicable.
6) Seek to minimise waste arising from all our activities.
7) Ensure that all wastes are disposed of in accordance with best practice.
8) Seek to minimise the packaging associated with our products and specify recycled/recyclable materials wherever possible.
9) Demand high environmental standards from our suppliers of goods and services.